Departmental Scholarships are awarded to students by the various degree programs. Applications can be obtained either in the Admissions Office, the Financial Aid office, or with the directors of each degree program. The scholarships vary in value from $800 to $5,000 per year. These scholarships are limited, therefore early application is encouraged. Departmental Scholarships are renewed each semester as long as the student maintains minimum GPA requirements (vary by department) and are available to students seeking either a Bachelor or Associate degree.
Most departments require the general application below. However, the following departments have specific applications:
- Associate of Arts Scholarship Application
- Business Scholarship Application
- Christian Ministry Scholarship Application
- Exercise Science Scholarship Application
- Letters Scholarship Application
- Psychology Scholarship Application
- Teacher Education Scholarship Application
All departmental scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the respective department head and the Financial Aid Office.
How to Apply
To apply for a departmental scholarship, you will need to do the following:
- Meet the following requirements: Recipients must maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale and must enroll in at least 12 hours each semester.
- Complete the Application: Complete the online application below and submit it.
- Submit a Reference Letter: You must submit a reference letter from a teacher, preacher, coach, etc. who has known you for at least two years and can speak of your academic and social development.
Applications will not be taken into consideration without all of the necessary documents.