Business Administration-Sports Management
What Does the Sports Management Specialization Have to Offer?
The Sports Management courses are designed to provide sport managers with the knowledge necessary for professional selling, sports facility management, sports fundraising and sponsorships, and planning/operating sport and recreation facilities or events.
Students have an opportunity to experience an internship as the culminating learning experience in their program of study. Sports management internships help students utilize knowledge gained through their classes, enhance their portfolios, network with sport managers, and take an important step in establishing themselves as practicing sport managers.
Opportunities with a Sports Management Degree:
Opportunities in Sports Management are available to those seeking employment ranging from local fitness clubs, professional teams or leagues, professional broadcasting, sports ticketing agencies, management operations, sports entertainment, or human resource management. By excelling in this degree program, one could become a great sports executive who has:
- a strong sports knowledge,
- strong communication skills in both oral and written form,
- proven leadership capability who can organize people, resources, or property, and
- can work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
The Sports Management program provides a broad general education with Biblical studies at the core, to prepare students to serve and to function successfully in the sports discipline, or to operate successfully in a sports-related occupation. The student overall objectives are to:
- Exhibit proficiency in written and verbal sports communication
- Incorporate cultural diversity through the sports community
- Operate in a global environment and economy
- Exercise sound decision-making skills and recognize legal issues dealing with sports management
- Demonstrate core concepts of sports and management.
- Lead effectively and ethically in a sports organization
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11