Master Of Public Administration - Emergency Management
41 hours, over 18-26 months, offered completely online.
The Emergency Management emphasis includes the following courses:
- INTRODUCTION TO EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
- INTERAGENCY RELATIONS & CRISIS COMMUNICATION
- HOMELAND SECURITY PREPAREDNESS, PLANNING & MITIGATION
- DISASTER RESPONSE, RECOVERY, AND RESILIENCE
- INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM & COUPLES EMERGENCIES All
MPA students start together regardless of emphasis. Emergency Management courses begin in the 6th-course module.
The lead Instructor of this emphasis is Dr. Bill Powers, Ph.D., Senior Advisor, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington D.C. View all the MPA Faculty here.
All MPA faculty are practitioners with vast experience in the fields of service about which they are teaching. Former and current faculty members have included directors of state agencies, directors of large Christian ministries, governmental practitioners, nonprofit organization practitioners, economists, budget analysts, attorneys, and mass media professionals.