Worship Studies Program: Professional Studies Specialization
What Randall’s Worship Studies Program has to offer:
The Worship Studies Program, a Professional Studies emphasis of our Christian Ministry Degree Program, will not only prepare you for leadership in worship ministry, but for a whole host of leadership positions within the local church. You will learn all about worship, the essential music skills needed to do worship ministry, how to work with others to develop their worship leading skills, and how worship ministry fits into the entire ministry of the local church. Students must be 21 years of age before entering the program. The intent is to allow students to complete the degree program in the context of their adult professional and personal lives with classes fully online.
Opportunities with a Worship Studies degree:
With the Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry—Worship Studies you will be prepared for both pastoral and worship ministry and be able to help others develop their worship leading skills.
The Christian Ministry—Worship Studies program prepares worship leaders for a variety of ministries within the total program of the church. The academic program consists of general education; christian ministry studies; studies of worship and philosophy, technique, history and core musical components. Experiential learning is woven throughout the specialization with active learning opportunities. This program includes opportunities for the student’s spiritual and professional growth and development that will transpire in leading others into a growing relationship with Christ through worship opportunities.
The student who completes this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate Christian Character in personal and ministry relationships
- Communicate a philosophy of worship that is biblical and sensitive to changing styles and valued traditions
- Demonstrate Competence in planning and leading worship services
- Demonstrate Competence in preparing vocalists and instrumentalists for worship leading
- Demonstrate servant leadership while assisting in a broad range of ministry within the church