Business Management Degree Program
Each student is required to complete the general education, religious studies core, and business curriculum. In addition, the student will choose, in consultation with his/her advisor, elective courses to increase professional skills, educational competencies, personal enrichment, and spiritual development. This allows the faculty advisor to assist each student in tailoring a program which will prepare the student for the future. The student is ultimately responsible for his/her course selection in meeting the graduation requirements.
Business Emphasis Aim
The Business Management program provides a broad general education with Biblical and religious studies at the core, to prepare students to serve Jesus Christ, to function successfully in business, or to perform with competence in graduate school. Upon completion of the business program, the student will be able to:
- Deliver effective written and oral business communications which are clear, logical, concise, grammatically correct, and clear to a target audience.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize the underlying ethical, legal and sustainability implications inherent in business situations and apply that knowledge to make responsible decisions.
- Exhibit an understanding of the value of various forms of diversity in the business environment.
- Understand and predict the complexities of the cultural, economic, regulatory, demographic, and social environments as they impact business in a global economy.
- Use technology and analytical skills to make sound business decisions using the computer and qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Demonstrate functional business knowledge in each of the core foundational disciplines of accounting, business law, economics, finance, marketing, and management.